Juniper JNCIA-Junos (JN0-102)
Juniper JNCIA-Junos (JN0-102)
This online instructor led training course provides the foundational knowledge required to work with the Junos operating system and to configure Junos devices.
In this course students will learn key topics including user interface options with a heavy focus on the command-line interface (CLI), configuration tasks typically associated with the initial setup of devices, interface configuration basics with configuration examples, secondary system configuration, and the basics of operational monitoring and maintenance of Junos devices. The course also delves into foundational routing knowledge and configuration examples including general routing concepts, routing policy, and firewall filters. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the Junos OS and monitoring basic device operations.
Exam Number: JN0-102
- Describe the basic design architecture of the Junos OS.
- Navigate within the Junos CLI.
- Perform tasks within the CLI operational and configuration modes.
- Restore a Junos device to its factory-default state.
- Perform initial configuration tasks.
- Configure and monitor network interfaces.
- Describe user configuration and authentication options.
- Perform secondary configuration tasks for features and services such as system logging (syslog) and tracing, Network Time Protocol (NTP), configuration archival, and SNMP.
- Monitor basic operation for the Junos OS and devices.
- Identify and use network utilities.
- Upgrade the Junos OS.
- Perform system maintenance and password recovery on a Junos device.
- Navigate within the Junos J-Web interface.
- Explain basic routing operations and concepts.
- View and describe routing and forwarding tables.
- Configure and monitor static routing.
- Configure and monitor OSPF.
- Describe the framework for routing policy and firewall filters.
- Explain the evaluation of routing policy and firewall filters.
- Identify instances where you might use routing policy.
- Write and apply a routing policy.
- Identify instances where you might use firewall filters.
- Write and apply a firewall filter.
- Describe the operation and configuration for unicast reverse path forwarding (RPF)
- Individuals seeking the JNCIA-Junos certification
- Support technicians involved in the basic installation, operation, and verification of LAN networks
- Entry-level network engineers, network administrators, network support technicians, and help desk technicians
- Basic computer literacy
- Basic Microsoft Windows navigation skills
- Basic Internet usage skills
- Basic e-mail usage skills
- Completion of CompTIA Network+ is highly recommended
*Course Outline is subject to change*
- Course Introduction
- Junos Operating System Fundamentals
- User Interface Options: The Junos CLI
- User Interface Options: The J-Web Interface
- Initial Configuration
- Secondary System Configuration
- Operational Monitoring and Maintenance
- Interface Configuration Examples
- Routing Fundamentals
- Routing Policy
- Firewall Filters
- Class of Service
- JTAC Procedures
- Juniper Security Concepts
- IPv6 Fundamentals
More info coming soon…