Cisco CCNA Security: IINS v3.0
Cisco CCNA Security: IINS v3.0
The Cisco CCNA Security: IINS online training course focuses on the design, implementation, and monitoring of a comprehensive security policy, using Cisco IOS security features and technologies as examples. The online training course covers security controls of Cisco IOS devices as well as a functional introduction to the Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA). This course allows learners to perform basic tasks to secure a small branch office network using Cisco IOS security features available through web-based GUIs (Cisco Configuration Professional) and the CLI on Cisco routers, switches, and ASAs.
Exam Number: 210-260 IINS
Ryan Lindfield, CCNA, CCNP Security, CEH
Students will learn:
- Describe common network security concepts.
- Secure routing and switching infrastructure
- Deploy basic authentication, authorization and accounting services
- Deploy basic fire-walling services
- Deploy basic site-to-site and remote access VPN services
- Describe the use of more advanced security services such as intrusion protection, content security and identity management
This course is intended for Network designers, network SAN security administrators, network engineers, network managers, systems engineers, and individuals seeking the Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security) certification.
- Skills and knowledge equivalent to those learned in ICND1.
- Working knowledge of the Windows operating system
- Working knowledge of Cisco IOS networking and concepts
Module 1: Security Concepts
- Threat defense technologies
- Security policy and basic security architectures
- Cryptographic technologies
Module 2: Secure Network Devices
- Implementing AAA
- Management protocols and systems
- Securing the control plane
Module 3: Layer 2 Security
- Securing Layer 2 infrastructures
- Securing Layer 2 protocols
Module 4: Firewall
- Firewall technologies
- Introducing the Cisco ASA v9.2
- Cisco ASA access control and service policies
- Cisco IOS zone based firewall
Module 5: VPN
- IPsec technologies
- Site-to-site VPN
- Client-based remote access VPN
- Clientless remote access VPN
Module 6: Advanced Topics
- Intrusion detection and protection
- Endpoint protection
- Content security
- Advanced network security architectures
- Implement security on Cisco routers using the CLI
- Securing the management plane on Cisco routers using the CLI
- Implement IOS features to mitigate threats in a network
- Implement VLANs and trunking
- Spanning tree and other layer 2 best practices
- Implement zone based policy firewall using the CLI
- Implement the Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance
- Implement Network Address Translation and Port Address Translation
- Configure Cisco IOS IPS using the CLI
- Implement an IOS IPSec site-to-site VPN with pre-shared key authentication
- Implement SSL VPN using ASA device manager
Get a demo or pricing!
Call (800) 850-9932 or submit this form to get pricing for you or your team.
We absolutely love being able to tailor the StormWind training experience to you and your goals. Simply provide us with a little bit of upfront info and we’ll get to work on customizing learning packages for you—at a price you just can’t resist.