Getting to know SDN with
Getting to know SDN with Cisco ACI
In this online training course, students will be provided with a fundamental understanding of Software Defined Networking (SDN). This course will focus on Cisco’s approach to SDN in the Data Center and Enterprise Campus environments.
CCNP R&S, CCNA Data Center
Students will learn:
- Learn what SDN networking is
- Know what a Spine/Leaf architecture is
- Understand what APIC and APIC-EM are
- Learn what a Northbound and Southbound API are
- Better understand Policies and why they are valuable
- Know what programming language they should focus on
Anyone looking to get a better understanding of Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) and how to utilize it.
No previous experience is required… however, having a background/knowledge of routed and switched networks is a bonus.
- Overview of traditional networks
- What is SDN?
- Southbound Communication
- The Role Applications Play
- Northbound Communication
- Cisco SDN Vision
- Cisco SDN for the DC
- Cisco ACI Devices
- Cisco SDN for the Enterprise
- Cisco SDN Controllers
- Accessing the APIC
- Controllers Demonstration
- Why ACI?
- Do I need to Learn Programming?
- Programming Demo