CompTIA A+ (220-902)
CompTIA A+ (220-902)
This online instructor led training course provides the knowledge necessary to support basic computer hardware and operating systems in today’s business world.
In this course students will learn best practices in troubleshooting, networking and security across a variety of device types in order to support their organization and set the stage for their own IT careers. This course will boost students’ confidence to handle the most challenging technology problems more efficiently and will help build customer service and communication skills.Read More
StormWind’s two part CompTIA A+ course covers the hardware and software objectives students must master in order to pass the 220-901 exam and the 220-902 exam, both of which are required to achieve the CompTIA A+ Certification. The A+ Certification is part of specialized certification tracks for corporations such as Microsoft, Hewlett-Packard, Cisco, and Novell. Many technology companies have made CompTIA A+ certification mandatory for their service technicians.
Shane Sexton, A+, Security+, CCNA, CCA-V
Students will learn:
- Operating Systems: Working with mobile, server and traditional operating systems from Android and iOS to Windows and Linux.
- IT Operations: Utilizing the basics of virtualization, cloud computing, desktop imaging and deployment to support today’s IT infrastructures.
- Troubleshooting: Following and using decision trees for diagnosing, resolving and documenting common hardware and software issues across a variety of devices.
- Technical Support: Applying principles of customer service to help resolve IT issues.
- Security: Supporting and securing access to data by properly using authentication, access control and encryption for an organization. Help desk and technical support professionals form one of the first lines of defense for any organization.
This course is appropriate for computer technicians, IT support staff, and help desk professionals with 6 to 12 months of hands-on experience. It will also help prepare professionals seeking CompTIA A+ certification (220-901/220-902)
- Basic end-user skills with Windows-based PCs
- Basic knowledge of computing concepts
- Windows Operating Systems
- Other Operating Systems and Technologies
- Software Troubleshooting
- Operational Procedures
- Installing Windows
- Retrieving System Information
- Managing System Storage
- Securing Windows User Account Access
- Using Windows Features and Tools
- Understand Domains, Workgroups and Homegroups
- Configure IPv4 and IPv6 Addressing
- Understand Computer Name Resolution
- Understand TCPIP Services Part 1
- Understand TCPIP Services Part 2
- Understand TCPIP Services Part 3
- Configuring Security Policies
- Identify Security Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Configuring the Windows Firewall, status in progress.
- Deploying Anti-Malware Programs
- Performing System Maintenance
- Troubleshoot Common System Problems
- Troubleshoot Network Connectivity Issues
- Troubleshoot Windows Operating System Errors
- Understand Computer Virtualization
- Configuring and Managing Printers
- Understand Virtual Printing
- Understand Cloud-Based Applications and Storage
- Configuring a Mobile Device
- Configuring E-mail on a Mobile Device