CompTIA CySA+ (CS0-001)
CompTIA CySA+ (CS0-001)
This online instructor led training course provides the knowledge to defend through incident detection and response at the intermediate-skills level of the cybersecurity career pathway.
In this course students will learn best practices in threat management, security architecture, vulnerability management, and cyber-incident response.Read More
CompTIA CySA+ meets the ISO 17024 standard and is approved by U.S. Department of Defense to fulfill Directive 8570.01-M requirements. It is compliant with government regulations under the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA). Regulators and government rely on ANSI accreditation because it provides confidence and trust in the outputs of an accredited program
Shane Sexton, A+, Security+, CCNA, CCA-V
Students will learn:
- Performing data analysis and interpret the results to identify vulnerabilities, threats and risks to an organization.
- Apply environmental reconnaissance techniques using appropriate tools, analyzing results, and implementing recommended response.
- Use data to recommend remediation of security issues related to identity and access management and recommend implementation strategy while participating in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Distinguish threat data to determine incident impact and prepare a toolkit with appropriate forensics tools, communication strategy, and best practices as a response
This course is appropriate for computer technicians, IT support staff, and help desk professionals with 6 to 12 months of hands-on experience. It will also help prepare professionals seeking CompTIA CySA+ certification.
None but we recommend that students have their Network+ and Security+ certifications or equivalent knowledge.
- Reconnaissance tools and techniques
- Analyzing reconnaissance results
- Countermeasures and threat mitigation
- The vulnerability management process
- Analyzing vulnerability scan results
- Understanding vulnerabilities by device type
- Impact categorization
- Forensics tools and toolkits
- Communication during incident responses
- Common symptoms
- Incident recovery and post-incident processes
Security Architecture and Tools
- Identity and access management (IAM)
- Compensating controls
- Secure software development
- Security tools
- Preventative tools
- Data collection tools
- Data analysis tools
- Exploitation tools
- Forensics tools and suites