70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server 2012 R2 Infrastructure
70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server 2012 R2 Infrastructure
This online training course is intended for IT professionals who are responsible for planning, designing, and deploying Windows Server 2012 enterprise infrastructures including Active Directory and network services. Candidates would typically have experience with previous versions of Windows Server and have an MCSA: Windows Server 2012 certification or equivalent skills.
This course will help you prepare for Exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Enterprise Server Infrastructure as part of the requirements for MCSE: Core Infrastructure certification.
Exam Number: 70-414
Bonus Material – This course includes the following additional mini-courses:
- FSMO (Operational Master Roles)
- Understanding DNS
- PowerShell Command List
Doug Bassett, MCITP, MCSE, MCT
After completing this online training course, students will be able to:
- Describe the considerations for managing an enterprise data center.
- Plan and implement a server virtualization strategy using Microsoft System Center 2012.
- Plan and Implement networks and storage for virtualization.
- Plan and deploy virtual machines.
- Manage a virtual machine deployment.
- Plan and implement a server monitoring strategy.
- Plan and implement high availability for file services and applications.
- Plan and implement a high availability infrastructure by using failover clustering.
- Plan and implement a server-updates infrastructure.
- Plan and implement a business continuity strategy.
- Plan and implement a public key infrastructure (PKI).
- Plan and implement an Identity Federation Infrastructure.
- Plan and implement an Information Rights Management (IRM) infrastructure.
- Understand appropriate command-line, PowerShell and applicable management shell commands
This online training course is intended for Information Technology (IT) professionals who are responsible for planning, designing and deploying a physical and logical Windows Server 2012 Enterprise and Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) infrastructures including the network services. Candidates would typically have experience of previous Windows Server operating systems and have MCSA: Windows Server 2012 or equivalent skills. The secondary audience for this online training course will be candidates are IT professionals who are looking to take the exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Enterprise Server Infrastructure, as a standalone, or as part of the requirement for the MCSE: Core Infrastructure certification.
Before attending this online training course, students must have:
- Students should have achieved the MCSA: Windows Server 2012 certification, as well as completed the Designing and Implementing Server 2012 R2 Infrastructure (413) online training course.
- TCP/IP and networking concepts.
- Windows Server 2012 and AD DS, including planning, designing and deploying AD DS and network infrastructure.
- Using scripts and batch files.
- Security concepts, such as authentication and authorization.
- Deployment, packaging, and imaging tools.
- Working on a team or with a virtual team.
- Creating proposals and making budget recommendations.
Module 1: Planning and Implementing a Server Virtualization Strategy
- System Center 2012 Components
- Integrating System Center 2012 and Server Virtualization
- Planning and Implementing a Server Virtualization Host Environment
Module 2: Planning and Implementing Networks and Storage for Virtualization
- Planning a Storage Infrastructure for Virtualization
- Implementing a Storage Infrastructure for Virtualization
- Planning and Implementing a Network Infrastructure for Virtualization
Module 3: Planning and Deploying Virtual Machines
- Planning Virtual Machine Configuration
- Preparing for Virtual Machine Deployments with Virtual Machine Manager (VMM)
- Deploying Virtual Machines
Module 4: Planning and Implementing a Virtualization Administration Solution
- Planning and Implementing Microsoft System Center Administration
- Planning and Implementing Self-Service with System Center
- Planning and Implementing Automation with System Center
Module 5: Planning and Implementing a Server Monitoring Strategy
- Planning Monitoring in Windows Server 2012
- System Center Operations Manager
- Planning and Configuring Monitoring Components
- Configuring Integration with VMM
Module 6: Planning and Implementing High Availability for File Services and Applications
- Planning and Implementing Storage Spaces
- Planning and Implementing Distributed File System (DFS)
- Planning and Implementing Network Load Balancing
Module 7: Planning and Implementing a Highly Available Infrastructure Using Failover Clustering
- Planning a Failover Clustering Infrastructure
- Implementing Failover Clustering
- Integrating Failover Clustering with Server Virtualization
- Planning a Multi-Site Failover Cluster
Module 8: Planning and Implementing a Server Updates Infrastructure
- Planning and Implementing a Windows Server Update Services(WSUS) Deployment
- Planning Software Updates with System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
- Planning and Implementing Updates in a Server Virtualization Infrastructure
Module 9: Planning and Implementing a Business Continuity Strategy
- Business Continuity Planning
- Planning and Implementing Backup Strategies
- Planning and Implementing Recovery
- Planning and Implementing Virtual Machine Backup and Recovery
Module 10: Planning and Implementing a Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Planning and Implementing a Certification Authority Deployment
- Planning and Implementing Certificate Templates
- Planning and Implementing Certificate Distribution and Revocation
- Planning and Implementing Key Archival and Recovery
Module 11: Planning and Implementing an Identity Federation Infrastructure
- Planning and Implementing an Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) Server Infrastructure
- Planning and Implementing AD FS Claim Providers and Relying Parties
- Planning and Implementing AD FS Claims and Claim Rules
Module 12: Planning and Implementing an Information Rights Management Infrastructures
- Planning and Implementing an Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS) Cluster
- Planning and Implementing AD RMS Templates and Policies
- Planning and Implementing External Access to AD RMS Services
- Planning and Implementing AD RMS Integration with Dynamic Access Control (DAC)