MD-100: Windows 10
MD-100: Windows 10
The MD-100 online training course is the first of two MDAA (Modern Desktop Administrator Associate) certification courses. This instructor-led training course includes a deep dive into deploying windows, managing devices and data, configuring connectivity, and maintaining windows.
Exam Number: MD-100
Will Panek, MCSE, MCT, 5 x MVP
After completing this course, the student should be able to:
- Deploy Windows 10.
- Perform post-installation configuration.
- Manage local users, local groups, and devices.
- Configure data access and protection.
- Configure devices by using local policies.
- Manage Windows security.
- Configure networking.
- Configure remote connectivity.
- Configure system and data recovery.
- Manage updates.
- Monitor and manage Windows.
This online training course is intended for IT professionals who administer and support Windows 10 desktops, devices, users, and associated network and security resources. Typically, these professionals are also interested in specializing in Windows 10 desktop and application deployments, and in managing cloud-based application and data service environments. This course is for professionals intending to complete exam MD-100 and/or achieve their MDAA (Modern Desktop Administrator Associate) certification.
Before attending this online training course, students must have:
- At least two years of experience in the IT field
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals, including Transmission Control Protocol /Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management
- Understanding of the certificate-based security.
- Understanding of Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 fundamentals
- Understanding of Windows client operating system essentials, such as working knowledge of Windows Vista, Windows 7, and/or Windows 8
*Course Outline Subject to Change
- Installing Windows
- Updating Windows
- Post-installation Configuration and Personalization
- Configuring Peripherals and Drivers
- Configuring Networking
- Configuring Storage
- Managing Apps in Windows 10
- Configuring Data Access and Usage
- Configuring Advanced Management Tools
- Supporting the Windows 10 Environment
- Troubleshooting the Windows OS
- Troubleshooting Files & Applications
- Troubleshooting Hardware and Drivers