70-680: Configuring Windows 7
70-680: Configuring Windows 7
The 70-680: Configuring Windows 7 online training course is intended for IT Professionals who are interested in expanding their knowledge base and technical skills about Windows 7 Client. In this online training course, students learn how to install, upgrade, and migrate to Windows 7 client. Students then configure Windows 7 client for enterprise network connectivity, security, maintenance, and mobile computing.
Doug Bassett, MCITP, MCSE, MCT
- Perform a clean installation of Windows 7, upgrade to Windows 7, and migrate user-related data and settings from an earlier version of Windows.
- Configure disks, partitions, volumes, and device drivers to enable a Windows 7 client computer.
- Configure file access and printers on a Windows 7 client computer.
- Configure network connectivity on a Windows 7 client computer.
- Configure wireless network connectivity on a Windows 7 client computer.
- Secure Windows 7 client desktop computers.
- Optimize and maintain the performance and reliability of a Windows 7 client computer.
- Configure mobile computing and remote access settings for a Windows 7 client computer.
This online training course is intended for IT professionals who are interested in:
- Expanding their knowledge base and technical skills about Windows 7 Client.
- Acquiring deep technical knowledge of Windows 7.
- Learning the details of Windows 7 technologies.
- Focusing on the “how to” associated with Windows 7 technologies.
- Most of these professionals use some version of Windows client at their work place and are looking at new and better ways to perform some of the current functions.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Experience installing PC hardware and devices.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts.
- Basic Windows and Active Directory knowledge.
- The skills to map network file shares.
- Experience working from a command prompt.
- Basic knowledge of the fundamentals of applications. For example, how client computer applications communicate with the server.
- Basic understanding of security concepts such as authentication and authorization.
- An understanding of the fundamental principles of using printers.
Chapter 1: Installing Microsoft Windows 7
- Introducing Windows 7
- Windows 7 Architecture
- Preparing to Install Windows 7
- Installing Windows 7
Chapter 2: Automating the Microsoft Windows 7 Installation
- Choosing Automated Deployment Options
- Deploying Unattended Installations
Chapter 3: Managing Disks
- Configuring File Systems
- Configuring Disk Storage
- Using the Disk Management Utility
- Managing Storage
- Troubleshooting Disk Management
- Managing Data Compression
- Managing Data Encryption with EFS
- Understanding RAID
- Using Disk Maintenance Tools
Chapter 4: Managing the Microsoft Windows 7 Environment
- Configuring the Windows 7 Operating System
- Configuring Remote Connections
- Configuring Mobile Computing
- Managing Windows 7 Services
Chapter 5: Configuring Hardware and Applications
- Configuring Hardware
- Managing I/O Devices
- Managing Printers
- Managing Applications
- Overview of Internet Explorer 8
Chapter 6: Managing Users, Groups, and Security
- Overview of Windows 7 User Accounts
- Logging On and Logging Off
- Working with User Accounts
- Managing User Properties
- Troubleshooting User Account Authentication
- Creating and Managing Groups
- Managing Security
- Managing and Applying LGPOs
- Configuring User Account Control
- Using Advanced Security Options
- Using BitLocker Drive Encryption
- Managing File and Folder Security
- Managing Network Access
Chapter 7: Configuring Network Connectivity
- Understanding Networking
- Configuring Windows 7 NIC Devices
- Understanding TCP/IP
- Configuring Windows 7 on a Network
- Configuring Windows Firewall
- Configuring Remote Management
- Understanding BranchCache
- Configuring DirectAccess
- Understanding Virtualization
Chapter 8: Monitoring and Maintaining Windows 7
- Understanding Windows 7 Performance Optimization
- Optimizing Windows 7 with Performance Monitor
- Using Reliability Monitor
- Using Windows 7 Tools to Discover System Information
- Using System Configuration
- Setting Up Task Scheduler
- Using Event Viewer
Chapter 9: Configuring Backups and Recovery
- Safeguarding Your Computer and Recovering from Disaster
- Using Advanced Boot Options
- Using the Startup Repair Tool
- Maintaining Windows 7 with Backup and Restore
1. MDOP: Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) 5.0 Overview
2. MDOP: Microsoft User Experience Virtualization (UE-V) Overview
3. Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) Shared Cache
4. Microsoft Bitlocker Administration and Monitoring (MBAM)
5. Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack: Application Virtualization 4.6 SP1 Sequencing Lab
6. Managing a Domain Environment More Effectively
7. Advanced Group Policy Management (AGPM) 4
8. Using App-V 4.6 Service Pack 1 to Sequence Office 2010 and Add-Ins with Dynamic Suite Composition
9. Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) 4.6 Service Pack 1 Sequencer Overview
10. Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization (MED-V) 2.0 Overview
11. MDOP: Advanced Sequencing
12. MDOP: Advanced Group Policy Management (AGPM)
13. MDOP: App-V and System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
14. MDOP: Examining App-V Basics
15. MDOP: Installing and Configuring App-V
16. MDOP: Installing MED-V
17. MDOP: Installing the App-V Sequencer
18. MDOP: Managing MED-V
19. MDOP: Publishing Applications into the App-V Environment
20. MDOP: Sequencing Applications for Virtualization
21. MDOP: Desktop Error Monitoring (DEM)
22. MDOP: Sequencing Office 2010
23. Windows 7: User State Virtualization (USV)
24. Learning App-V Basics
25. Learning App-V Intermediate Skills
26. Learning to Configure App-V for Standalone Client Mode
27. Implementing Citrix XenDesktop 4 on Hyper-V R2
28. Windows 7: Modifying Windows 7 Operating Systems with DISM
29. Windows 7: Application Compatibility Toolkit 5.5 and Windows 7
30. Windows 7: Getting Started with Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010
31. Windows 7: Mitigating Application Issues Using Shims
32. Windows 7: Zero Touch Installation Using Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010 and System Center Configuration Manager
33. Windows 7: Introduction to Deploying Windows 7 Using the Windows Automated Installation Kit
34. Windows 7: AppLocker
35. Windows 7: BitLocker
36. Windows 7: Microsoft Application Virtualization (APP-V)
37. Windows 7: Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization (MED-V)
38. Windows 7: Problem Steps Recorder
39. Windows 7: Search Federation
40. Windows 7: User Account Control
41. Windows 7: Windows Troubleshooting Packs