Negotiating For More
PM Leadership: Negotiating For More
For many people negotiations can be a challenge even for seasoned negotiators who don’t always get exactly what they wanted from the interaction. This short course will describe a variety of ways to prepare for a negotiation, how to plan for what you want to gain and several proven negotiation techniques that you can fit to your communication and personality style. Once you know your style of negotiation and theirs you can more appropriately plan for success.
2 Professional Development Units (PDU)
Ashley Hunt, PMP, PMI-ACP
Stormwind’s EPIC Live courses provide 24×7 access, work-friendly 2-hour sessions with the best instructors in the business, and cinema-quality content to help students stay engaged. Included Materials:
- Access to multiple LIVE class events, for up to a year or more
- Instant Replay – On Demand HD video recordings of the Live Sessions
- 1:1 Mentoring
- Student Guide
Students will learn:
- Techniques to identify objectives and requirements to prepare for negotiation
- Techniques to identify your own negotiation personality and that of the party
- Top skills to employ during a negotiation
- Tips and tricks to increase the win-win
If you are certified with a PMP® or CAPM® this course is a good way to earn PDU’s as well as discuss and learn better ways to work on the aspirational skill of negotiation. If you aren’t certified but are looking for ways to identify ways to improve negotiation strategies for resources, materials or equipment, then this course can help toward certification credits or just help you gain some insight into better best practices.
- What is your definition of negotiation?
- How to put together a plan of action
- What’s your negotiation style and what is theirs?
- Negotiation with special circumstances and other considerations
- Negotiation techniques to consider
- How to know when to walk away
PMI®, PMBOK®, PMP® and CAPM® are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.