Cisco CCNP R&S: TSHOOT
Cisco CCNP R&S: TSHOOT
In the Cisco CCNP R&S: TSHOOT course students will learn and practice techniques to monitor and troubleshoot routed and switched networks through extensive hands-on lab exercises. Troubleshooting methods, approaches, procedures, and tools are explored. A series of different organizations are introduced for each a set of troubleshooting scenarios that are presented. Students will attempt to solve as many of the troubleshooting tickets as they can; the debrief includes review information that will help them further understand the specific issues raised in the scenarios.
Exam Number: 300-135 TSHOOT
Desiree Lindfield, CCNA, CCNP R&S
Students will learn:
- Troubleshooting methods, approaches, and procedures
- Recommended network maintenance practices
- Using basic and specialized troubleshooting tools
- A redundant Internet gateway or redundant ISP fails to provide backup connectivity
- OSPF, EIGRP and BGP issues, including redistribution
- HSRP, VRRP, and GLBP issues
- EtherChannel issues
- Other issues including NTP, DNS, default routes, IP SLAs, AAA, and GRE
- When headquarters or branch clients are unable to access internal devices or the Internet
- When you are unable to connect to a network device using SSH or Telnet
- When devices are unable to acquire a DHCP-provided address
The course will provide information about troubleshooting and maintaining particular technologies, as well as procedural and organizational aspects of the troubleshooting and maintenance process. It’s designed to teach professionals who work in complex network environments the skills they need to maintain their networks and to diagnose and resolve network problems quickly and effectively. A large part of the training will consist of practicing learned skills and supporting the concepts by putting them to use in a controlled environment. At the end of the online training course, you should have increased your skill level and developed a set of best practices based on your own experience as well as the experiences of other students that you can take back to their organizations.
The troubleshooting online training course is intended for students who are looking for real-world troubleshooting knowledge, and those that are considering the Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Routing and Switching. This course’s discussion of troubleshooting could also benefit early CCIE Routing and Switching candidates.
Passing this exam will also refresh the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing and Switching, which expires after three years.
- Troubleshooting and Maintaining Cisco IP Networks (TSHOOT) online training course is designed for network engineers with at least one year of professional work experience, who are ready to advance their skills and work independently on complex network solutions. An understanding of internetworking technologies and the ability to perform basic configuration of Cisco routers, including practical experience installing, operating, and maintaining Cisco routers and switches in an enterprise environment.Students should also have the following before attending this online training course:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing and Switching certification is highly recommended
- Completion of ROUTE and SWITCH courses is highly recommended
Module 1. Tools and Methodologies of Troubleshooting
- Describing Troubleshooting Methodologies
- Using Troubleshooting Procedures
- Following Recommended Practices During Routine Network Maintenance
- Using Basic IOS Troubleshooting Tools
- Using Specialized Troubleshooting Tools
Module 2. Troubleshooting at SECHNIK Networking Ltd.
- Debrief of the each of the three Troubleshooting at SECHNIK Networking Ltd. Labs
- Troubleshooting issues with trunks, NAT, interfaces, IPv6, network layer connectivity, error-disabled ports, DHCP, passive interfaces
Module 3. Troubleshooting at TINC Garbage Disposal Ltd.
- Debrief of the each of the four Troubleshooting at TINC Garbage Disposal Ltd. Labs
- Troubleshooting issues with BGP neighborship, port security, VLANs, native VLAN, OSPF adjacency, management access, HSRP, routing sources, VRRP, EtherChannel, GLBP, DHCP snooping
Module 4. Troubleshooting at PILE Forensic Accounting Ltd.
- Debrief of the each of the five Troubleshooting at PILE Forensic Accounting Ltd. Labs
- Troubleshooting issues with EIGRP adjacency, BGP filtering and route selection, NTP, inter-VLAN routing, DNS, remote device management, EIGRP named configuration, EIGRP stub, default routes, management plane security.
Module 5. Troubleshooting at Bank of POLONA Ltd.
- Debrief of the each of the four Troubleshooting at POLONA Ltd. Labs.
- Troubleshooting issues with redistribution, FHRP tracking, IP SLA, EIGRP summarization, basic RIPng, ACLs, GRE tunnels, OSPF summarization, AAA, OSPF for IPv6, OSPF stub areas.
Module 6. Troubleshooting at RADULKO Transport Ltd.
- Debrief of the each of the four Troubleshooting at RADULKO Transport Ltd. Labs.
- Troubleshooting issues with STP, PBR, CDP, LLDP, VTP, EIGRP for IPv6, MP-BGP, and OSPFv3 address families
24×7 Hands-On Labs
Get hands-on practice with real world scenarios just like a traditional class. This course includes the following hands-on labs.
Maintaining and Documenting a Network
Additional labs are TBD.
Get a demo or pricing!
Call (800) 850-9932 or submit this form to get pricing for you or your team.
We absolutely love being able to tailor the StormWind training experience to you and your goals. Simply provide us with a little bit of upfront info and we’ll get to work on customizing learning packages for you—at a price you just can’t resist.