This online instructor led training course provides the foundational knowledge and skills to use basic FortiGate features, including security profiles.
In this course students will learn how to use the GUI and CLI for administration, apply port forwarding, source NAT, inspect SSL/TLS, configure security profiles, fight hacking and denial of service (DoS), and more! This course provides the underlying material required to prepare candidates for the NSE 4 – Network Security Professional certification exam.
Exam: Fortinet NSE 4 – FortiOS
Derrick Coston, Security+, NSE-4, CISSP, CISA, GIAC
- Deploy the appropriate operation mode for your network
- Use the GUI and CLI for administration
- Identify the characteristics of the Fortinet security fabric
- Control network access to configured networks using firewall policies
- Apply port forwarding, source NAT, and destination NAT
- Authenticate users using firewall policies
- Understand encryption functions and certificates
- Inspect SSL/TLS-secured traffic to prevent encryption used to bypass security policies
- Configure security profiles to neutralize threats and misuse, including viruses, torrents, and inappropriate websites
- Apply application control techniques to monitor and control network applications that might use standard or non-standard protocols and ports
- Fight hacking and denial of service (DoS)
- Defend against data leaks by identifying files with sensitive data, and block them from leaving your private network
- Offer an SSL VPN for secure access to your private network
- Implement a dialup IPsec VPN tunnel between FortiGate and FortiClient
- Collect and interpret log entries
- Individuals seeking the NSE 4 – Network Security Professional certification.
- Networking and security professionals involved in the management, configuration, administration, and monitoring of FortiGate devices used to secure their organizations’ networks.
None, but we recommend that students have a basic understanding of network fundamentals, protocols, and common firewall concepts.
- Introduction to FortiGate
- Security Fabric
- Firewall Policies
- Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Firewall Authentication
- Logging and Monitoring
- Certificate Operations
- Web Filtering
- Application Control
- Intrusion Prevention and Denial of Service
- SSL VPN
- Dial-Up IPsec VPN
- Data Leak Prevention (DLP)
- Software-Defined WAN (SD-WAN)
- Virtual Domains
- Layer 2 Switching
- Site-to-Site IPsec VPN
- Fortinet Single Sign-On (FSSO)
- High Availability (HA)
- Web Proxy
Get a demo or pricing!
Call (800) 850-9932 or submit this form to get pricing for you or your team.
We absolutely love being able to tailor the StormWind training experience to you and your goals. Simply provide us with a little bit of upfront info and we’ll get to work on customizing learning packages for you—at a price you just can’t resist.