AZ-104: Microsoft Azure Administrator
AZ-104: Microsoft Azure Administrator
In this online training course, students will learn to manage Azure subscriptions and resources, implement and manage storage, deploy and manage virtual machines (VMs), configure and manage virtual networks, and manage identities. This course is for those who are either looking to gain more knowledge about administering Azure cloud services, security, networking, and compute cloud abilities or who are looking to pass the AZ-104 exam and complete their Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator certification.
Exam AZ-104: Microsoft Azure Administrator
Doug Bassett, MCITP, MCSE, MCT
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Implement access management with Azure users, groups, and role-based access control.
- Use Azure Monitor to configure Azure alerts and review the Azure Activity Log.
- Query and analyze Log Analytics data.
- Deploy resources with ARM templates and organize Azure resources.
- Optimize your use of Azure tools like the Azure portal, Azure PowerShell, Cloud Shell and the Azure CLI.
- Create Azure storage accounts for different data replication, pricing, and content scenarios.
- Implement virtual machine storage, blob storage, Azure files, and structured storage.
- Secure and manage storage with shared access keys, Azure backup, and Azure File Sync.
- Store and access data using Azure Content Delivery Network, and the Import and Export service.
- Explain virtual machine usage cases, storage options, pricing, operating systems, networking capabilities, and general planning considerations.
- Create Windows virtual machines in the Azure Portal, with Azure PowerShell, or using ARM Templates.
- Deploy custom server images and Linux virtual machines.
- Configure virtual machine networking and storage options.
- Implement virtual machine high availability, scalability, and custom scripts extensions.
- Backup, restore, and monitor virtual machines.
- Understand virtual networking components, IP addressing, and network routing options.
- Implement Azure DNS domains, zones, record types, and resolution methods.
- Configure network security groups, service endpoints, logging, and network troubleshooting.
- Implement site connectivity schemas including VNet-to-VNet connections and virtual network peering.
- Implement Azure Active Directory, Self-Service Password Reset, Azure AD Identity Protection, and integrated SaaS applications.
- Configure domains and tenants, users and groups, roles, and devices.
- Implement and manage Azure Active Directory integration options and Azure AD Application Proxy.
- Implement and configure Azure Load Balancer, Azure Traffic Manager, and Azure Application Gateway.
- Use Azure RBAC to grant a granular level of access based on an administrator’s assigned tasks.
- Use Azure Multi-Factor Authentication to configure a strong authentication for users at sign-in.
This course is intended for:
- Azure and Microsoft server administrators
- Those who are looking to take and pass the AZ 104 exam
None but we recommend that students have previous knowledge and experience on operating systems, virtualization, cloud infrastructure, storage structures, and networking.
*Course outline is subject to change
- Managing Azure subscriptions
- Analyze resource utilization and consumption
- Manage resource groups
- Manage Role Based Access Control (RBAC)
- Create and configure storage accounts
- Import and export data to Azure
- Configure Azure files
- Implement Azure backup
- Create and configure a VM for Windows and Linux
- Automate deployment of VMs
- Manage Azure VM
- Manage VM backups
- Create connectivity between virtual networks
- Implement and manage virtual networking
- Configure name resolution
- Create and configure a Network Security Group (NSG)
- Implement Azure load balancer
- Monitor and troubleshoot virtual networking
- Integrate on premises network with Azure virtual network
- Manage Azure Active Directory
- Manage Azure AD objects (users, groups, and devices)
- Implement and manage hybrid identities
- Implement multi-factor authentication (MFA)
Get a demo or pricing!
Call (800) 850-9932 or submit this form to get pricing for you or your team.
We absolutely love being able to tailor the StormWind training experience to you and your goals. Simply provide us with a little bit of upfront info and we’ll get to work on customizing learning packages for you—at a price you just can’t resist.