This course is appropriate for students seeking to learn more about OpenStack. OpenStack is a cloud operating system that controls large pools of compute, storage, and networking resources throughout a datacenter, all managed through a dashboard that gives administrators control while empowering their users to provision resources through a web interface. In this online training course we’ll be introducing OpenStack and its key products, how to install them and how to set up the initial configuration.
Dan Goodman, Linux+, Network+, Security+
After completing the course, students will have learned how to:
- Keystone for identity services
- Glance for image services
- Nova for compute resources
- Neutron for networking service
- Horizon for a management dashboard
- Cinder for block storage service
- Heat for orchestration service
- Swift for object storage service
This course is appropriate for those who are looking to learn more about OpenStack and how it can be used to better control large pools of compute, storage, and networking resources throughout a datacenter.
None required. Previous system administration, Linux, and networking experience are highly recommended.
- Exploration of the origins of OpenStack and its usage
- Introductory discussion and demonstration of the “core” OpenStack services
- Introduction to the Identity service
- Minimal hardware and network requirements for a “proof of concept” deployment of OpenStack
- Creation of Keystone domains, projects, users, and roles
- Discussion of the logical architecture of the Image service
- Image management from creation to administration to deletion
- Identification and discussion of the core Nova components and Nova’s role in an OpenStack environment
- In-depth discussion on block device mapping and its relevance to instance management
- Exploration of the recently developed Cell and Conductor functionality
- Launching a Nova instance
- Overview of the Networking Service and its relationship to other OpenStack core services
- Installation and initial configuration based on a variety of deployment scenarios
- Discussion on key differences between Networking service with private and provider networks
- Install and configure a centralized dashboard for all OpenStack services
- Utilize built-in mechanisms for access control
- Provide a GUI for a variety of users
- Implement and configure a block storage service that provides resources for other OpenStack services
- Virtualize the management of block storage devices
- Provide end users with a self-service API to request and consume block storage
- Create a human- and machine-accessible service for managing the entire lifecycle of infrastructure and applications within OpenStack clouds
- Describe the infrastructure for a cloud application in a text file that is readable and writable by humans
- Provide an autoscaling service that integrates with Telemetry
- Build a highly available, distributed, eventually consistent object/blob store
- Implement a service that store lots of data efficiently, safely, and cheaply
- Create, modify, and get and metadata by using the Object Storage API
Get a demo or pricing!
Call (800) 850-9932 or submit this form to get pricing for you or your team.
We absolutely love being able to tailor the StormWind training experience to you and your goals. Simply provide us with a little bit of upfront info and we’ll get to work on customizing learning packages for you—at a price you just can’t resist.