Windows Server 2016
70-744: Securing Windows Server 2016
In this instructor-led, online training course, students will learn how to enhance the security of their IT infrastructure. Students will gain knowledge in order to mitigate malware threats, identify security issues by using auditing and the Advanced Threat Analysis feature in Windows Server 2016, secure their virtualization platform, and use new deployment options, such as Non and dynamic access control.
This course assists students in their preparation for the MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure certification.
Exam Number: 70-744
Doug Bassett, MCITP, MCSE, MCT
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Secure Windows Server
- Secure application development and a server workload infrastructure
- Manage security baselines
- Configure and manage just enough and just-in-time (JIT) administration
- Manage data security
- Configure Windows Firewall and a software-defined distributed firewall
- Secure network traffic
- Secure your virtualization infrastructure
- Manage malware and threats
- Configure advanced auditing
- Manage software updates
- Manage threats by using Advanced Threat Analytics (ATA) and Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS)
This online training course is intended for IT Admins who to administer Windows Server 2016 networks securely. Also, for any professional looking to take the 70-744 exam and/or gain their MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure certification.
We recommend that students have at least 2 years of experience in the IT field and should have:
- Their MCSA: Windows Server 2016 certification or completed the 70-740, 70-741, & 70-742 courses, or their equivalent
- A solid understanding of:
- networking fundamentals, including TCP/IP, User Datagram Protocol (UDP), annd Domain Name System (DNS)
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles
- Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization fundamentals
- Windows Server security principles
*Course Outline is subject to change
- Breach detection and using the Sysinternals tools
- Protecting credentials and privileged access
- Limiting administrator rights with Just Enough Administration
- Privileged Acccess Management and administrative forests
- Mitigating malware and threats
- Analysing activity by using advanced auditing annd log analytics
- Analysing activity with Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics feature and Operations Management Suite
- Securing your virtualization an infrastructure
- Securing application development and server-workload infrastructure
- Protecting data with encryption
- Limiting access to file and folders
- Using firewalls to control network traffic flow
- Securing network traffic
- Updating Windows Server
Get a demo or pricing!
Call (800) 850-9932 or submit this form to get pricing for you or your team.
We absolutely love being able to tailor the StormWind training experience to you and your goals. Simply provide us with a little bit of upfront info and we’ll get to work on customizing learning packages for you—at a price you just can’t resist.