As serendipity would have it, one of the hottest questions on Spiceworks today is “What is a good vulnerability network scanning software?” This coincides nicely with the 3rd Day of our Network Defender Challenge that has Admins running vulnerability scans and Managers analyzing vulnerability policies. There a quite a few options out there for paid or free software that scans for missing patches or outdated components. This is something we are passionate about, so much so we dedicated a full QuickCast about it.
For current participants in the challenge, what did you think of the third task? Anything you found interesting in your scans or as you analyzed your current documentation? Did you find something that needed fixing?
Missed you this time? We’d love to have you participate next time for more chances to win prizes and to become a StormWind Network Defender! http://ow.ly/tGtH30g4XSy
For those in the challenge or thinking of joining it next time, here is Mike Vasquez with Day 3 of StormWind’s Network Defender 5-Day Challenge.
Join our Network Defender 5-Day Challenge to:
– Perform reconnaissance on your own network
– Learn to think like a hacker to defend against one
– Identify tools to arm yourself as a Network Defender
This Challenge is for you if:
– You are an administrator who’s charged with protecting a network
– You are a manager in charge of an IT team who’s responsible for network security